You know how sometimes as you are on the road to achieving your goals you can sometimes get stuck.
This can happen for many reasons. Often it is because of a fear, like the fear of the unknown.
When your logical mind cannot see a clear path to the end result it will often stop or slow down. This is how your subconscious mind acts, automatically. It is at these times when the creative mind, the conscious mind, must jump in and I clarify, or create the path.
Once the subconscious mind has clarity around the path (direction) it is going, and can see the end result, it can once again begin to be motivated.
Here are 5 ways to get yourself unstuck and back on your path to success.
1. Create a list of action steps, and get 3 or 4 of the easiest steps done. This will cause dopamine to be released into your blood stream, which will make you feel good, and give you the motivation you need to get back on track.
2. Write out a plan of action steps to create the result you want. I have found that there are an infinite number of solutions that will work to create your success. The problem is usually not with the plan. The problem is that people don’t execute the plan. Create your plan from start to finish, and then execute. You’ll find that it will be easy to get motivated once you have a plan. NOTE: include as many detailed action steps as possible so your plan is easy to follow. You subconscious mind does not want to create. It just wants to follow directions.
3. Find someone to hold you accountable. It’s easy to make a promise to yourself and not follow through. Heck, most people do that all the time, and who will know if you made a promise to yourself except for you? However, when you have someone else who is taking the time to listen to your promises, and then following up with you, you are more likely to keep your promises. That is just normal human behavior, so you might as well use it to your advantage to propel you to success. NOTE: One great reason to have a coach or mentor is to provide accountability.
4. Invite other people to participate in your project. Just like in number 3 above, when you invite people to participate in your project, they will often provide a certain amount of accountability to your project. Additionally, because they often work on their own parts of the project, they will move the project forward by creating their own results. When your partners create results it can motivate you to produce more as well. This is why partnerships can work so well. They can provide the aspect of accountability, along with stuff getting done even when YOU are stuck.
5. Take some time off. Some people will work so much they’ll find themselves getting stuck in a rut. Others may simply fail to take the time to reflect on what they’ve accomplished, reflect on what their grateful for, or just be in a creative space to allow new ideas to come through. New ideas can often be a motivating, and can jump start your to get back on track.
6. Read a new book. Books about topics that relate to your project can be very motivating. However, don’t pick just any book. Do some research and find out what content has great reviews in your area of focus. Even if you think know it all, this can stimulate your creativity and help you get you moving forward when you feel stuck.
7. Shift your mindset. All 6 of these previous modalities are all designed to help you shift your mindset. However, they don’t deal with the root cause many of us have that gets us stuck in the first place; Our beliefs about ourselves and the world. Most of our believes are hardwired in our brain by the time we are 8 years old. These beliefs or thoughts we have can move us forward, and make us stuck. There are 3 ways we can shift limiting beliefs; through repetition, by creating new experiences, and or by initiating Super Learning Techniques to burn new neuro pathways in your brain. The first two modalities can’t take years to accomplish. However, by using Super Learning Techniques you can shift and old beliefs and burn new neuro pathways in just about 10 minutes.
Click here to learn more about Super Learning Techniques and how to burn new neuro pathways in about 10 minutes.